Thursday, September 29, 2011

God Talks to me Through My Favorite TV Shows

a scene from BIO's "Hoarders"


Just stayed the whole day at home and  rested. Watched my favorite shows like BIO's "Hoarders" and "Storage Wars" as well as History's "Swamp People" and "Pawn Stars". These shows literally makes me excited. Thank God we have Destiny is our cable provider because if it's Sky Cable or other providers...they don't include History Channel in the package. I now can't imagine myself going home early in the morning watching local channels. It's not that I'm against it, it's just that movie programs in the US are far better than what we have here when it comes to the broadness of topics. Being able to watch foreign shows gave me a more in depth realizations about different cultures and different situations. Like for example the show Hoarders, this is the first time I've seen a person with such disorders. They do collect stuff continuously to the point that they no longer was able to see any free space in the house because of the amount of items they collected. Those things just literally sitting in their living room, kitchen and even in the bedroom. It's a psychological condition that is often related to depression and insecurity. Being able to watch those types of shows makes me realize how fortunate I am. Makes me feel more blessed knowing I am not in their situation. I guess God uses different methods to reach us...and in my case, through my favorite cable tv shows. Thank You Lord!

No comments: